• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

FG issues “No Work, No Pay” policy to striking doctors

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 29, 2024
in National
0
FG to begin crude oil sales in Naira October
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Federal Government says it will evoke the “No Work, No Pay” policy on members of the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) for the number of days that they observed the nationwide industrial action.

Mr Ado Bako, the Assistant Director, Information Public Relations, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.

RelatedPosts

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that members of the association embarked on a seven-day warning strike on Monday to push home their demands on the Federal Government.

The demand is to secure the release of their colleague, Dr Ganiyat Popoola.

Popoola, a registrar in the Department of Ophthalmology at the National Eye Centre, Kaduna, was abducted in December 2023, along with her husband and nephew.

Her husband was later released, while Popoola and her nephew remained in captivity.

According to Bako, the measure is in line with extant law and is not intended to undermine the legitimate concerns of medical professionals.

He added that the measure was to further ensure that essential healthcare services were not unduly disrupted to the detriment of the public.

He also said that the ministry was disappointed over NARD’s decision to embark on the seven-day warning strike.

He said NARD members disregarded all negotiations and plea attempts by the Federal Government to resolve the concerns.

Bako explained that the ministry, in collaboration with relevant security agencies, including the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) had been working to ensure immediate and safe rescue of Dr Ganiyat Popoola.

ALSO READ:  No directive was given for workers to change salary accounts – AGF

“High-level discussions and coordinated efforts are currently underway and we remain confident that these measures will lead to a positive outcome.

“The ministry will not relent in its efforts to guarantee the safety, improve the welfare and working conditions of all healthcare workers, including resident doctors.

“Significant strides have been made in recent negotiations, and government has demonstrated good faith by addressing many of the concerns highlighted by NARD.

“The ministry finds the decision to proceed with this strike, in the midst of  ongoing discussions, deeply regrettable.”

He, however, said that continued dialogue was the best approach to resolving  outstanding issues.

He encouraged the doctors to return to the negotiation table so that stakeholders could collaboratively find lasting solutions to the challenges facing the nation’s healthcare sector.

Bako added that the ministry is open to constructive dialogue and committed to working with stakeholders to achieve a fair and sustainable resolution. (NAN)

Tags: DoctorsNo Work
Previous Post

Osimhen Accepts Chelsea’s €350,000-per-week Deal

Next Post

Frank to Bode George: You’re Deceiving Yourself About Atiku’s Presidency

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) says no fewer than 22,000 farmers will benefit from the FarmerMoni initiative under...

INEC & Parties Forge Critical 2027 Reforms Path as FCT Elections Loom

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The Christian Social Movement of Nigeria (CSMN) has warned against politicising the leadership of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC),...

Next Post
Frank to Bode George: You’re Deceiving Yourself About Atiku’s Presidency

Frank to Bode George: You're Deceiving Yourself About Atiku's Presidency

IPOB Lawyer Claims PA Murdered, Relatives Still Held by DSS

IPOB Lawyer Claims PA Murdered, Relatives Still Held by DSS

Recommended

Tinubu Promises Economic Benefits for All Nigerians

Tinubu Promises Economic Benefits for All Nigerians

6 days ago
BREAKING: Senate Confirms Amupitan as INEC Chairman

FCT Polls: Group Raises Alarm Over INEC Logistics

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform