• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

FG approves construction of roads in Abuja satellite towns – Wike

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 24, 2024
in News
0
FG approves construction of roads in Abuja satellite towns – Wike
0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has announced on Monday that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the construction of roads in Abuja’s satellite towns.

Wike made this known while addressing State House correspondents after the FEC meeting.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

He emphasised that these satellite towns had previously suffered neglect, highlighting that prior administrations failed to recognise the importance of extending development to these areas.

“It is part of the Renewed Hope Agenda of the president that we must take development to the satellite towns.

“As I speak to you today, I know before December, we will commission more than 75 kilometers of road. The President has also said we must continue to give hope and infrastructure to satellite towns.

“The areas covered are in Kwali, Gwagwalada and Bwari area councils. These are the three area councils that NEC has approved that we have to make sure that infrastructure is given to them,” said the minister.

He said FEC also approved the development of Artillery Road N5, Obafemi Awolowo way, from Life Camp Junction to Ring Road.

“People have been saying we need to do something to decongest the area. The contract is to be carried out by Julius Berger and to be completed in 16-17 months.

The FCT minister also said because of the importance the President attached to the judiciary, he directed that the FCT, through the FCDA, should immediately construct 40 judges and justices quarters in Kantampe District.

ALSO READ:  Re-EFCC arrest Matawalle: Count Aminu Sani Jaji out of sponsoring protest-Group

“What it means is that out of these 40, FCT High Courts will have 20, the Federal High Court will have ten and the Court of Appeal will have ten, and this will be completed within 15 months.

“Again Council approved the construction of access road from Artillery Road N11 from Mabuchi to Judges Quarters.

“FEC also approved the construction of access road from ring road 1-N16 Shehu Shagari Way also to Judges Quarters to be delivered in 15 months,” said Wike.

He added that Council had also approved full development of all connecting roads to the Court of Appeal Abuja division.

The minister stated that FEC ratified the termination of the contract for development of Maitama 2, an area previously allocated to various citizens.

He said the Maitama 2 area had not less than 1700 allotees before the present government came to power, and the contract was awarded for the sum of N184 billion for the provision of infrastructure.

“The thinking of Mr. President is that if we are able to develop the area, it will reduce the housing deficit, so that many people will go and develop their properties.

“But unfortunately after the award, the contractor was never on site. We may not also blame him because we saw he was never mobilised.

“It has taken over one year. So, we sought for the termination of the contract and start a new process of procurement and provide enough funds for the infrastructural development to take place.

“I can assure you that now that the contract has been terminated we will move quickly to start the process and make sure that we develop the area,”said Wike. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  Bayelsa offers employment to 12 teachers trained in “special needs” education
Previous Post

NIPR President to Africans: Reject narrative of being second fiddle continent

Next Post

Notorious bandit commander, Kachalla, others killed in fratricidal clash

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
Notorious bandit commander, Kachalla, others killed in fratricidal clash

Notorious bandit commander, Kachalla, others killed in fratricidal clash

Alleged N80bn fraud: Yahaya Bello urged to avail himself in court on Wednesday

Alleged N80bn fraud: Yahaya Bello urged to avail himself in court on Wednesday

Recommended

INEC & Parties Forge Critical 2027 Reforms Path as FCT Elections Loom

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

5 days ago
Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform