• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Death toll of passengers killed during Eid-el-Maulud celebration in Kaduna hits 40

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 17, 2024
in News
0
Death toll of passengers killed during Eid-el-Maulud celebration in Kaduna hits 40
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The death toll in a road accident that occurred in Saminaka, in the Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State has risen to 40.

The accident, which occurred around 1 pm on Sunday, involved mostly children, who were travelling to celebrate Eld El Maulud, a Muslim festival to mark the birth of Prophet Muhammad.

The bus they were travelling in lost control and colluded with an articulated vehicle due to overspeeding and overloading.

RelatedPosts

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Kabiru Nadabo, had earlier said that 25 people died due to complications from the accident, while 48 others sustained varying degrees of injuries and were rushed to various hospitals in Kaduna, Jos and Kano for urgent medical attention.

However, the number of deaths rose to 40 on Tuesday as more victims of the accident died in the hospital where they were being treated.

Following the unfortunate incident, Governor Uba Sani directed the state commissioner of health to ensure that the remaining surviving children who sustained injuries from the road accident were given adequate medical attention.

The governor in a statement expressed his pain by the tragedy and said he would reach out to the families of the deceased to offer some assistance.

Meanwhile, the remains of the victims have been buried in the Lere Local Government Area, according to Islamic burial tradition.

ALSO READ:  Cost of governance: Aisha Yesufu wants Senate scrapped
Previous Post

Senator Lamido sponsors 100 students from Sokoto to study in India

Next Post

Nigerian Army arrests gunrunners, recovers arms and ammunition in Plateau

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

El-Rufai: Tinubu’s Govt Most Corrupt, Worst in Nigerian History

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Ojima-ojo The Labour Party Candidates Forum on Tuesday alleged political persecution in the arrest of former Kaduna State...

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Next Post
Nigerian Army arrests gunrunners, recovers arms and ammunition in Plateau

Nigerian Army arrests gunrunners, recovers arms and ammunition in Plateau

Kaduna PDP Chairmanship: Hon. Danjuma Akuso Withdraws, Endorses Edward Masha

Kaduna PDP Chairmanship: Hon. Danjuma Akuso Withdraws, Endorses Edward Masha

Recommended

Tinubu Appoints Diplomat Yusuf to Lead Hajj Commission Amid Reshuffle

Tinubu Appoints Diplomat Yusuf to Lead Hajj Commission Amid Reshuffle

6 days ago
FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform