• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Chibok leaders call for establishment of security outposts to stem terrorists attacks

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
January 10, 2024
in News
0
Chibok leaders call for establishment of security outposts to stem terrorists attacks
0
SHARES
3
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
Chibok leaders under the auspices of Kibaku Area Development Association have urged President Bola Tinubu to order the deployment of more troops to stem the resurgence of terrorists attacks in the area.

 

The Abuja branch Chairman of the association, Mr Mutah Nkeki, made the call while briefing newsmen on Tuesday in Abuja, on the recent terrrorist attacks on some Chibok communities in Borno.

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

 

He said no fewer than 15 villagers had been killed by the terrorists in three separate attacks in the last two weeks.

 

Nkeki said that it was imperative for the president to order the deployment of more troops to Chibok and surrounding villages to protect the people.

 

He particularly called for the establishment of security outposts at Kwarangilim in Chibok West 2, Gatamwarwa in Chibok East, Shikarkir in Chibok South West and Kuburmbula in Chibok North East.

 

Nkeki also implored the president to direct the military to re-enforce existing security points in Kwada-kautikari in Chibok East to halt the activities of the terrorists.

 

He said that while the main Chibok town had remained safe, the surrounding communities have continued to suffer frequent attacks from the terrorists.

 

According to him, the renewed activities of the terrorists in the communities especially kidnap for ransom has made it difficult for displaced persons to return to their ancestral homes.

ALSO READ:  Ekiti Airport ready for commercial operations – Keyamo

 

“In recent times, Chibok has been enveloped in a pall of sorrow due to the unabated violence by Boko Haram extremists.

 

“The current level of killings in Chibok underscore our concern for how long our internally displaced people will stay with us here in Abuja.

 

“Recent attacks in Piyemi on Dec. 23, 2023, led to killing of three individuals and numerous properties destroyed alongside incidents in Gatamarwa in Chibok East and Ntsiha in Chibok West on Jan. 1, which collectively led to the tragic loss of over 15 innocent lives and abduction of one, are clear testimonies.

 

“Furthermore, the assault on Takulashi on Jan. 4 continues to inflict devastation upon our communities, thus perpetuating the cycle of destruction.

 

“The conspicuous absence of swift and decisive action from governmental authorities is deeply disquieting, exacerbating the vulnerability of those affected and emphasizing the urgency of the situation.

 

“It is on the basis of these foregoings that we are passionately appealing to President Bola Tinubu, and our Executive Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum to urgently take deliberate and sustainable actions to save our people,” he added.

 

Nkeki said immediate collaborative efforts involving the government, security forces, the community, foreign partners and humanitarian organisations were needed to restore stability and ensure the safety of the affected population.

 

The chairman urged Gov. Zulum to provide immediate intervention to the affected communities and others across the state.

 

“We earnestly beseech your immediate intervention to restore peace and stability to our beloved Chibok land,” he added. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  Nigeria Police to Collaborate with CJTF Combat Insecurity in FCT—CP
Tags: Chibok
Previous Post

Army Chief lauds South-East governors’ support in fighting insecurity in S’E

Next Post

Insecurity: Group calls for Tinubu’s intervention in Imo

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post
President Tinubu Assures Stable Energy Power, Others In 2024

Insecurity: Group calls for Tinubu’s intervention in Imo

JTF dislodge IPOB/ESN camp in Imo, recover arms, ammunition

JTF dislodge IPOB/ESN camp in Imo, recover arms, ammunition

Recommended

I’m building a strong coalition to challenge APC – Atiku

Atiku Criticizes Flaws in Both Electronic and Manual Election Results Transmission

7 days ago
Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

2 minutes ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform