The federal government has released the detailed order of events for the upcoming presidential inauguration ceremony scheduled to take place on Monday, May 29.
This information was officially confirmed through the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture’s verified Twitter account on Thursday, May 18.
According to the programme released by the ministry, the inauguration proceedings commence with a high-profile world press conference presently being conducted in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
This update was further verified by a tweet from Bayo Onanuga, the Director of Media and Publicity for Bola Tinubu’s presidential campaign.
In his tweet, Onanuga stated: “Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, has unveiled the Inauguration Programme for Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the 16th President of Nigeria. The events will commence on May 23.”
The list of activities lined up for the inauguration event are as follows.
1. World Press Conference by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. The event is slated for Thursday, May 18, at the Rotunda Hall, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.
2. Regimental Dinner in Honour of the Commander in Chief. The dinner event will be held on Tuesday, May 23, at the Armed Forces Mess.
3. Valedatory Federal Executive Council Meeting at the FEC Chamber, Aso Villa, on Wednesday, May 24.
4. Investiture of the president-elect and the vice president-elect with the national honour of GCFR and GCON at the State House Conference Centre on Thursday, May 25.
5. Public Lecture and Jumaat Prayer at the national mosque on Friday, May 26.
6. Children’s Day Parade and Party at the Old Parade Ground and the State House on Saturday, May 27.
7. Inauguration lecture by Uhuru Kenyatta, former President of Kenya, at the International Conference Centre on Saturday, May 27.
8. Inter-denominational church service at the National Christian Centre on Sunday, May 28.
9. Inauguration/Swearing-in at Eagle Square on Monday, May 29.
10. Post-Inauguration Luncheon at the State House Banquet Hall on Monday, May 29