• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Bandit kingpin, Turji, Has Yet to Surrender to Military, Says DHQ

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 14, 2025
in News
0
Bandit kingpin, Turji, Has Yet to Surrender to Military, Says DHQ
0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Defence Headquarters has dismissed the reports that the bandit kingpin, Bello Turji, has surrendered to the military.

The Director of Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Markus Kangye, made this known on Thursday while briefing journalists on the operations of the armed forces in Abuja.

RelatedPosts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

He said, “Bello Turji has not surrendered. We are still on the trail for him.’’

Turji, a wanted bandit leader operating mainly in Zamfara and Sokoto states, has been linked to several attacks on communities in the North-West.

Recall that there were recent reports that the bandit leader had surrendered his arms and released 32 kidnap victims following a peace initiative brokered by an Islamic cleric in Zamfara State.

Mr Kangye also dismissed allegations by Amnesty International accusing the troops of extrajudicial killings in the South-East, describing them as unfounded.

He said the military does not engage in indiscriminate violence, adding that soldiers would not carry weapons to the street to start killing people.

He stated, “You know what Amnesty International is doing. You know what they used to publish. Like I always tell you, everybody with a phone in his hand is a potential source of information to the whole world. But I can tell you that the military is not engaged in any extrajudicial killing in the southeast.’’

On the recent protests by some retired military personnel, Mr Kangye said the matter had been addressed by the Military Pensions Board (MPB) during a meeting with the affected veterans.

ALSO READ:  Police Raid IPOB/ESN Camps in Imo, Arrest 16

He explained that only a few individuals were involved in the demonstrations, adding that MPB, alongside the Chief of Accounts and Budget at the Defence Headquarters and the Minister of Finance, had engaged with them to resolve the issues.

(NAN)

Tags: Bandit kingpin
Previous Post

Peter Mbah, Alex Otti, Babagana Zulum: Redefining Leadership In A Nation Torn To Nought By Sycophancy And Debauchery

Next Post

Christian Youth Forum Clears Fatoyinbo Of Insulting Apostle Babalola

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Next Post
Christian Youth Forum Clears Fatoyinbo Of Insulting Apostle Babalola

Christian Youth Forum Clears Fatoyinbo Of Insulting Apostle Babalola

ICPC Investigates el-Rufai’s Men Over N11bn Light Rail Project

Kaduna Govt Calls Out El-Rufai's Political Frustration

Recommended

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

6 days ago
Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform