• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Abuja-Kaduna, Zaria-Kano roads to be completed in 10 months–FG

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
July 28, 2024
in National
0
Abuja-Kaduna, Zaria-Kano roads to be completed in 10 months–FG
0
SHARES
21
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Federal Government says the Abuja-Kaduna and Zaria-Kano road projects will be completed on May 29, 2025.

The Minister of Works, David Umahi, made this known during the inauguration of the completion of the Abuja-Kaduna – Zaria – Kano Highway on Saturday along Abuja-Kaduna highways.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the event also witnessed the unveiling of the “Operation Free Our Roads’’ initiative aimed at ensuring that all federal roads are accessible.

Umahi added that the event was also to handover the 38km dual carriageway section of the road to Dangote Group of Companies and the unveiling of the “Operation Free our Roads” project.

He explained that the road project would be completed by three construction companies; Dangote, Julius Berger and BUA.

“The project started with a mere rehabilitation under the past administration for N155 billion and later the scope was expanded and the price was increased to N655 billion.

“When we came onboard in September last year Julius Berger made request for a reviewed price of N1.5 trillion and that’s where the quarrel started.

“However, we have been able to agree, and then we got an independent consultant, who reviewed the project between Berger and the Ministry of Works and that was about nine months back,” he said.

Umahi said that the project cost was reviewed to about N888 billion with a difference of 640 billion from what Berger needed for the dualisation of the three lanes road.

ALSO READ:  RUSSIAN FLAGS AT KANO PROTESTS: Sack Service Chiefs Now;Group

He said that Berger would be completing their section of the road which is 82 kilometres for about 320 billion Naira.

He added that the Dangote’s section which is about 38 kilometres would cost 126 billion Naira, while the BUA section which 8.66 kilometres times two would cost 41.9 billion Naira.

“However, the Dangote’s section is going to increase in terms of scope and we are reviewing the rate I agree with them because of the cost of things.

“We have agreed in the Ministry of Works that we are going to review it to the price that is reasonable so that they will do the job.

“It is not offering the price that is the issue, but we have to come to a compromise between the contractors and the ministry of works bearing in mind the economic situation.

“When we have reasonable price, the work will be done and then more scope would be covered but if I have unreasonable price, then it becomes a problem which we will not achieve much,’’he said.

Umahi called on the companies handling the three sections of the project to show absolute devotion to the completion of the project.

He assured them that the ministry would look at the need for project rate review to cushion the effects of the increase in material costs since the last review was done about nine months ago.

“So the first section of the work is starting today, with palliatives and earthworks, and then they will now start to put reinforced concrete pavement.

ALSO READ:  NDDC seeks UN support to tackle Niger Delta flooding

“So what we will be discussing with Berger is what we can do to finish this job within May 29. This is very important because we don’t want to stay here beyond May 29, 2025.

“However, what Berger cannot finish, we will have to take it over and give to Dangote under tax credit and for reinforced concrete pavement,” he said. (NAN)

Tags: Abuja-KadunaAthletesDavid umahiRoads
Previous Post

Violent Protests, Inimical To National Development – Orelope-Adefulire

Next Post

Shun protests, embrace dialogue – youth leaders tell Nigerians

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) says no fewer than 22,000 farmers will benefit from the FarmerMoni initiative under...

Next Post
Shun protests, embrace dialogue – youth leaders tell Nigerians

Shun protests, embrace dialogue – youth leaders tell Nigerians

Police detain 2 men over alleged N613m fraud

Police detain 2 men over alleged N613m fraud

Recommended

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

5 days ago
I’m building a strong coalition to challenge APC – Atiku

Atiku Criticizes Flaws in Both Electronic and Manual Election Results Transmission

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform