News
TCN expresses concern over vandalism targeting transmission lines, towers

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) expressed deep concern over the rising number of cases of vandalism targeting transmission lines and towers, warning that this trend is severely disrupting the nation’s power grid and infrastructure.
TCN’s General Manager Public Affairs Mrs Ndidi Mbah, made this known in a statement while reacting to the early Saturday, destruction of the 330kV Lokoja–Gwagwalada transmission line I.
“The TCN hereby reports that vandals have once again attacked its 330kV Lokoja-Gwagwalada transmission line one in the early hours of Saturday.
”Early on Saturday, TCN engineers attempted to re-energise the 330kV Lokoja-Gwagwalada transmission line one, but the line tripped.
“After efforts to reclose the line failed, a patrol team of TCN linesmen was dispatched to trace the line for faults.
”Upon inspection, they discovered that transmission towers T306, T307 and T308 along line one had been vandalised, disrupting bulk power transmission along the route.”
The company added that two spans of aluminium conductors from the line were stolen, with efforts underway to replace them.
Further examination, the TCN said, revealed that vandals had stolen two spans of aluminium conductor from line one.
The Lokoja–Gwagwalada line, it added, is a double-circuit transmission line, and while TCN is still supplying bulk power through line two, efforts are underway to source replacement aluminium conductors for the two spans stolen from line one.
“The growing trend of vandalism targeting transmission lines and towers has become a serious challenge, severely impacting the country’s power infrastructure and hindering the expansion and stability of the national grid.
”This recent incident adds to an alarming pattern of attacks on the transmission network nationwide.
“In the Gwagwalada area alone, recent acts of vandalism include the attack on the Gwagwalada–Kukuwaba–Apo transmission line on Dec. 10, 2023, the Gwagwalada–Katampe line on Feb. 26, and several others in that axis.
”Such acts of vandalism continue to disrupt the stability and growth of Nigeria’s national grid,” the company said.
The company further appealed to members of host communities to work with TCN and security operatives to combat this threat.
“We once again appeal to members of the public, especially residents of communities hosting transmission lines and towers, to collaborate with TCN and security operatives in combating this menace.
“Vandalism of power installations is a disservice to us all and undermines efforts to strengthen the nation’s transmission system.”
News
FHA to Revalidate Commercial Approvals on Abuja Estates from April 3

By Our Reporter
The Management of Federal Housing Authority FHA, under the leadership of Hon Oyetunde Oladimeji Ojo has asked residents of its estates in Abuja to provide approvals and approved documents and building plans for commercial purposes to the office of the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Housing Authority FHA, Abuja forthwith.
A Press statement issued by the management and signed by the Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Chigelu on behalf of the authority directed the submission to be carried out at the Authority’s Head office, Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro , Abuja beginning from Wednesday , 3rd April , 2025.
The directives covers all buildings irrespective of the approval dates , that became expedient , following management discovery of sharp practices by commercial outlets ,as most of this buildings are built either without approval and or in contravention to the granted approval.
Chigelu stated that management discovered that some commercial buildings are in contravention of approval granted them, through alterations in total contravention to the development control regulations of the Authority.
Following the danger posed , management will not allow such negative consequences that will pave way for indiscriminate building collapse, therefore, a controlled demolition was carried out by the authority, with a building with structural defects in March , 2025, on 5th Avenue, Gwarimpa Estate.
Consequently, owners of commercial apartments, which included Hotels , Supermarkets, Hospitals, Schools and Banks including shopping malls through this announcement are expected to submit their approved plans for revalidation.
Management expect strict compliance to this directive, as violators will attract heavy sanctions with authority’s non negotiable stance .
The release further said ..
SPECIAL PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
“The Management of Federal Housing Authority, FHA hereby calls on all owners of commercial properties in FHA Estates in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory to submit their approved building plans to the office of the Managing Director and Chief Executive, at the Authority’s head office, No 26 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro Abuja from Wednesday, April 3rd, 2025.
“This directive which covers all buildings irrespective of when the approval was given, has become expedient following Management’s discovery that most commercial outlets in these Estates are built without approvals, or developed outside the granted approval.”
” Management has also discovered that some commercial buildings are in contravention of the approval granted them for alteration, in total contravention and disregard to Development Control regulations. ”
“Following the dangers posed by this development, the Management of FHA would not fold its hand to allow this looming disaster to happen. It is to avert the ugly incidence of building collapse that the Authority carried out a controlled demolition exercise of one of its buildings with structural defect on Monday, 24th March. 2025 in 5th Avenue. Gwarinpa estate.”
“Consequently, all owners of commercial outlets: hotels, supermarkets, hospitals, schools, banks, shopping malls etc through this announcement are requested to submit their building approved plans for revalidation. All such buildings must undergo an integrity test.
Strict compliance to this directive is not negotiable as severe sanctions await defaulters. “
News
Taraba Govt, NAPTIP Rescue 8 Trafficked Children, Arrest Suspects

By Nahum Sule, Jalingo
The Taraba State Government, in partnership with the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), has successfully intercepted eight trafficked children who were en route to the South East and Cameroon.
In a statement to journalists in Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State, Mrs. Mary Sinjen, the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Child Development, revealed that the children had been deceived and transported to various southeastern states in Nigeria.
According to her, the children were trafficked to locations such as Aba, Onitsha, and Imo State under the false pretence that they were orphans.
The interception took place in Gembu, the headquarters of the Sardauna Local Government Area, where it was reported that the traffickers were seeking additional children to abduct.
Mrs. Sinjen affirmed, “Thanks to the prompt response from the Ministry and NAPTIP, eight of the children have been safely returned to Taraba State.
“The primary suspect, Mrs. Patience, along with several of her accomplices, has been apprehended and is currently in custody as legal proceedings commence.
“Search and rescue operations for other trafficked children are ongoing.”
She further emphasised that the state government will not tolerate any unscrupulous individuals who exploit children’s rights for illicit gain.
“This administration is wholly committed to ensuring justice, rehabilitating victims, and enhancing inter-agency collaboration to combat child trafficking,” she stated.
“We urge all residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activities, as the welfare and protection of our children is a collective responsibility.”
In the meantime, authorities in Taraba have reiterated the importance of community vigilance and reporting any suspicious activities, stressing that safeguarding children requires a unified effort.
National
CDS INTRODUCES ATTACK DRONES AND LOCALLY MADE BOMBS IN ABUJA

General Christopher Musa, the Chief of Defence Staff, has assured that all security challenges facing the nation will be effectively addressed by the year’s end.
This statement was made during the launch of attack drones and the demonstration of locally produced bombs, developed by a homegrown technology firm.
The event was attended by security specialists and senior government officials, as General Musa showcased the indigenous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to the audience.
Accompanied by Ajao Adewale, the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, and Caleb Mutfwang, the Governor of Plateau State, General Musa emphasized the ongoing bureaucratic obstacles in acquiring military equipment from abroad.
Governor Mutfwang stressed the urgency for decisive measures against insecurity, calling on leaders to prevent any entity within the nation from possessing military capabilities.
The operational features of the UAVs were also demonstrated, with General Musa expressing satisfaction with this advancement, labeling it a pivotal step in combating insecurity in the country.