• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Wike threatens to kick out non-performing contractors

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 27, 2024
in News, Opinion
0
Wike threatens to kick out non-performing contractors
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike, has threatened to kick out non-performing contractors executing projects in the FCT.

Wike made the threat in Abuja on Friday, after inspecting the ongoing construction of the 15-kilometre left wing service lane of the Outer Southern Expressway, from Ring Road 1 to Wasa.

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

The threat followed what the minister described as “disappointing performance” of CGC Nigeria Ltd executing the project, saying “it is barely 50 per cent as against CGC’s 75 per cent claim.

“As at last year, you promised you would finish the project by December 2024 or at most January 2025, now you have extended it to May.

“With what I am seeing, it may not be possible till eight or nine months from now.

“You should be fair to us. If we have an agreement, let’s keep to that agreement and we are paying. Why should we see what we are seeing now? He asked.

The minister said that FCT Administration had paid over 80 per cent of the contract sum, “but look at what they have done. This is very bad. I am not encouraged.

“We have paid the contractor more than 80 per cent of this contract and the job, as far as I am concerned, is not up to 50 per cent. I am not going to accept this.”

ALSO READ:  TCN seeks support to tackle vandalism, illegal structures

On what he would do to non-performing contractors, Wike said: “We don’t have any relationship with non-performing contractors. Everybody knows our position that if you don’t perform, we kick you out.

“There is no sentiment about it. Whether you are an indigenous contractor; whether you are foreign contractors; we don’t care. All we are concerned about is the work.

“If you do the work; we go along with you, if you don’t do the work; we kick you out and we will make you pay for it; there must be sanctions.

“You can’t just collect our money, and we just say go, when you do not complete our project, no.

“Before we kick you out, we will make you pay for it. That is our position.”

He explained that his attention was drawn to the project when he inspected the Apo to Karshi road on Thursday and passed through Wasa on his way back.

He explained that the inspection was to see things for himself.

“There was no equipment here yesterday, when I passed through the road.

“I believe it is because I said I was coming here today that you mobilised equipment. These are things I will not accept.

“CGC is one of the most respected construction companies in the country, but as far as this road is concerned, I am not happy,” he groaned.

The minister directed the Director Engineering Services, Federal Capital Development Authority to sit with the contractor, agree on a work plan, and commit to a completion timeline.

Wike said that the work plan described the road as important considering the huge economic activities taking place in the area.

ALSO READ:  PANDEF Mourns Late Deputy National Chairman

He directed that the project delivery work plan should be on his table on Monday, pointing out that the road, if completed, would significantly reduce traffic congestion in the area. (NAN)

Previous Post

NIS cleared 204,332 passport applications in 10 months, says Interior Minister

Next Post

CJN Kekere-Ekun to swear in 87 new SANs Monday

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post
CJN Kekere-Ekun to swear in 87 new SANs Monday

CJN Kekere-Ekun to swear in 87 new SANs Monday

Police summon 4 officers for allegedly extorting N1m from Lagos corps members

Police summon 4 officers for allegedly extorting N1m from Lagos corps members

Recommended

Lassa Fever Outbreak in Bauchi: 11 Cases and Four Deaths Confirmed

Lassa Fever Outbreak in Bauchi: 11 Cases and Four Deaths Confirmed

9 hours ago
Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

9 hours ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform