• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

FG approves construction of roads in Abuja satellite towns – Wike

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 24, 2024
in News
0
FG approves construction of roads in Abuja satellite towns – Wike
0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has announced on Monday that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the construction of roads in Abuja’s satellite towns.

Wike made this known while addressing State House correspondents after the FEC meeting.

RelatedPosts

Abandoned Projects Revived, Transformed Abuja – Wike

Troops Raid IPOB/ESN Hideouts, Neutralise One, Seize Weapons and IED Materials

Firefighters Save N400m Property as Inferno Engulfs Kano Market

He emphasised that these satellite towns had previously suffered neglect, highlighting that prior administrations failed to recognise the importance of extending development to these areas.

“It is part of the Renewed Hope Agenda of the president that we must take development to the satellite towns.

“As I speak to you today, I know before December, we will commission more than 75 kilometers of road. The President has also said we must continue to give hope and infrastructure to satellite towns.

“The areas covered are in Kwali, Gwagwalada and Bwari area councils. These are the three area councils that NEC has approved that we have to make sure that infrastructure is given to them,” said the minister.

He said FEC also approved the development of Artillery Road N5, Obafemi Awolowo way, from Life Camp Junction to Ring Road.

“People have been saying we need to do something to decongest the area. The contract is to be carried out by Julius Berger and to be completed in 16-17 months.

The FCT minister also said because of the importance the President attached to the judiciary, he directed that the FCT, through the FCDA, should immediately construct 40 judges and justices quarters in Kantampe District.

ALSO READ:  Kaduna State Governor Poised To Be First To Implement LG Full Autonomy In Nigeria

“What it means is that out of these 40, FCT High Courts will have 20, the Federal High Court will have ten and the Court of Appeal will have ten, and this will be completed within 15 months.

“Again Council approved the construction of access road from Artillery Road N11 from Mabuchi to Judges Quarters.

“FEC also approved the construction of access road from ring road 1-N16 Shehu Shagari Way also to Judges Quarters to be delivered in 15 months,” said Wike.

He added that Council had also approved full development of all connecting roads to the Court of Appeal Abuja division.

The minister stated that FEC ratified the termination of the contract for development of Maitama 2, an area previously allocated to various citizens.

He said the Maitama 2 area had not less than 1700 allotees before the present government came to power, and the contract was awarded for the sum of N184 billion for the provision of infrastructure.

“The thinking of Mr. President is that if we are able to develop the area, it will reduce the housing deficit, so that many people will go and develop their properties.

“But unfortunately after the award, the contractor was never on site. We may not also blame him because we saw he was never mobilised.

“It has taken over one year. So, we sought for the termination of the contract and start a new process of procurement and provide enough funds for the infrastructural development to take place.

“I can assure you that now that the contract has been terminated we will move quickly to start the process and make sure that we develop the area,”said Wike. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  Tinubu departs Abuja for 2-week vacation in UK
Previous Post

NIPR President to Africans: Reject narrative of being second fiddle continent

Next Post

Notorious bandit commander, Kachalla, others killed in fratricidal clash

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abandoned Projects Revived, Transformed Abuja – Wike

Abandoned Projects Revived, Transformed Abuja – Wike

by Nathaniel Irobi
August 23, 2026
0

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike has declared that the revival and completion of capital projects abandoned for decades stand as the...

Troops Raid IPOB/ESN Hideouts, Neutralise One, Seize Weapons and IED Materials

Troops Raid IPOB/ESN Hideouts, Neutralise One, Seize Weapons and IED Materials

by Nathaniel Irobi
August 23, 2026
0

Troops of the Joint Task Force South East, Operation UDO KA, have raided suspected strongholds of the Indigenous People of...

Firefighters Save N400m Property as Inferno Engulfs Kano Market

Firefighters Save N400m Property as Inferno Engulfs Kano Market

by Nathaniel Irobi
August 23, 2026
0

Federal Fire Service personnel have salvaged property valued at approximately N400 million following a fierce fire outbreak at Wapa Market,...

Next Post
Notorious bandit commander, Kachalla, others killed in fratricidal clash

Notorious bandit commander, Kachalla, others killed in fratricidal clash

Alleged N80bn fraud: Yahaya Bello urged to avail himself in court on Wednesday

Alleged N80bn fraud: Yahaya Bello urged to avail himself in court on Wednesday

Recommended

APGA names Afiniki Yarima Taraba South senatorial candidate

APGA names Afiniki Yarima Taraba South senatorial candidate

3 days ago
2027 Elections Must Be Credible, No Compromise — ADC Chairman David Mark

2027 Elections Must Be Credible, No Compromise — ADC Chairman David Mark

4 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Arewa Youths Urge Wike To Restore DRTS Officers On Abuja Roads

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Group Faults Kwara CP, Demands Rescue Of 176 Abductees

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Drama In FCT Polls As APC, PDP Candidates Step Down For Each Other

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Boost Military Morale Through Positive Coverage, Media Told

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (849)
  • Education (285)
  • Entertainment (472)
  • Health (261)
  • National (3,421)
  • News (11,068)
  • Opinion (483)
  • Politics (2,320)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (786)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform