• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

FCT not available for protesters Aug. 1 – Wike

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
July 25, 2024
in National
0
FCT not available for protesters Aug. 1 – Wike
0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike says that FCT is not available for protesters on Aug. 1.

Wike gave the warning while briefing newsmen on the outcome of the FCT Security Council meeting in Abuja on Thursday.

He said that Aug. 1 had been set aside for the Chairmen of the six Area Councils of the FCT to give out certificates of recognition to their traditional rulers.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

“That is the day FCT has set aside for the entire area councils to jubilate, to give out certificates of recognition for their traditional rulers.

“We will not allow that day that FCT has set aside to honour their traditional rulers; for their people to rejoice, and then somebody will come and disrupt that day. We will not allow it.

“We want people to come out and celebrate, as part of the achievement of the current administration.

“That day is not available for those who want to protest and FCT is not available for the protesters,” he said.

He said that the security council was aware of the threat of the protest and what some people may call “end bad governance.”

Noting the right of people to protest or demonstrate, the minister said that such rights must be done within the ambit of the law.

“This period, we think that all Nigerians should work collectively to salvage our country.

ALSO READ:  INEC extends CVR in Edo, Ondo to June 9

“I am aware that there are challenges, but President Bola Tinubu and his team are working right now to ensure that these challenges, these problems facing our country are addressed.

“We know that it is a very difficult period for citizens; Tinubu has come out clearly to say that there are challenges; there are problems, but these challenges and problems will be tackled,” Wike said.

The minister, who expressed confidence in Tinubu’s capacity to address the challenge, urged all Nigerians to have patience.

“For instance in FCT, we have seen the changes in FCT; we have seen that the government is working.

“Tinubu is giving FCT so much support that all of us can attest to the fact that there are a lot of changes going on in FCT.

“Therefore, we will not allow anybody to set us back. We are looking forward to making sure that we take FCT to where it is supposed to be as one of the major cities, not only in Africa but in the world.

“So, we will not allow anybody to disrupt peace and set us back. For those who want to protest on Aug 1, or thereabout, FCT is not available for such protest,” Wike emphasised. (NAN

Tags: Protesters
Previous Post

UBEC trains master-trainers on effective school programmes in southern states, others

Next Post

Delta Community Demands Probe As Thugs Attack Residents, Injure Policemen

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) says no fewer than 22,000 farmers will benefit from the FarmerMoni initiative under...

Next Post
Delta Community Demands Probe As Thugs Attack Residents, Injure Policemen

Delta Community Demands Probe As Thugs Attack Residents, Injure Policemen

Ohanaeze President-General, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu dies at 82

Ohanaeze President-General, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu dies at 82

Recommended

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

6 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Diplomat Yusuf to Lead Hajj Commission Amid Reshuffle

Tinubu Appoints Diplomat Yusuf to Lead Hajj Commission Amid Reshuffle

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform