• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

4 persons rescued from collapsed building in Abuja

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
July 13, 2024
in News
0
4 persons rescued from collapsed building in Abuja
0
SHARES
74
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Federal Capital Territory Emergency Management Department (FEMD) says four persons have been rescued alive from the rubbles of a collapsed two-storey building in Kubwa, Abuja, on Saturday.

The acting Director-General, FEMD,  Mrs Florence Wenegieme, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Wenegieme said that the building was located beside Cupid Hotel, Sultan Dasuki Road, Phase 2, Site 2, Kubwa, in Bwari Area Council of the FCT.

She explained that the collapsed building contained 45 self-contained rooms, adding that it was previously used as a hotel before it was converted for residential purposes.

Wenegieme said that two of the rescued victims had been taken to the Kubwa General Hospital and were currently receiving treatment.

“FEMD was notified of the incident by passersby and also received a distress call on our 112 emergency toll-free number at about 6.45 a.m. and immediately mobilised to the scene.

“Search and rescue efforts are ongoing until the last person is removed, if at all there is still someone trapped in the rubbles,” she said.

The acting director-general said that other agencies at the scene included the National Emergency Management Agency, FCT Fire Service, Federal Road Safety Corps, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps and the Nigeria Police.

She appealed to developers to strictly follow the building code and avoid the use of substandard materials to avert the incessant building collapse in the FCT. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  NDA inaugurates Queen Amina statute, other projects
Tags: Buildingcollapsed
Previous Post

Excitement As Nigerian Law Graduate Receives Prestigious Award From UK Varsity

Next Post

Governor Kefas Vows To Uphold Good Governance, Sustains PDP’s Success In Taraba

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post
Governor Kefas Vows To Uphold Good Governance, Sustains PDP’s Success In Taraba

Governor Kefas Vows To Uphold Good Governance, Sustains PDP's Success In Taraba

Gov Kefas: The political calculator, gladiator

Gov Kefas: The political calculator, gladiator

Recommended

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

5 days ago
Machina: The City That Refuses to Sleep A Homeland Honouring Its Son

Machina: The City That Refuses to Sleep A Homeland Honouring Its Son

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform