• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

25,000 Persons Displaced, 55 Houses Destroyed in Plateau attacks – Group

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 8, 2025
in News
0
25,000 Persons Displaced, 55 Houses Destroyed in Plateau attacks – Group
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Mushere Youths Movement (MUYOM), a socio-cultural organisation, has said that over 25,000 persons were displaced in different communities in Mushere District of Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau by bandits.

The national publicity secretary of the organisation, Kutyil Gashion, disclosed this at a news briefing in Jos on Friday.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Mr Gashion said that gunmen destroyed 55 houses, farmlands and other property worth millions of naira in the affected communities.

Mr Gashion said that scores of natives were also killed, adding that the figure rose after the recent attacks in Margif, Mbor, Nina, Nawala, Fogoldep and other communities of Mushere.

He said that the communities were attacked separately between May 25 and Aug. 7.

“No fewer than 37 people lost their lives, many were injured and property worth millions of naira were destroyed during the attacks.

“Livestock were carted away and over 25,000 people are currently displaced and taking refuge in two major camps.

“We call for justice and adequate compensation for these victims and their families.

“The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction should extend its intervention to the families of the deceased, injured, displaced persons and other villagers who suffered grievous destruction of crops and farmlands,” he said.

Mr Gashion, who particularly decried the massive destruction of crops on farmlands, described the attacks as ”economic sabotage”.

He also frowned at the destruction of worship centres, schools, hospitals and other public facilities in the affected communities.

ALSO READ:  Scrapping SIECs Is Counterproductive, Suffocates INEC, Undermines Decentralization - Yiaga Africa

He feared that the attacks could lead to chronic food shortages in the state and called on the federal government to deploy more security personnel to Mushere and the surrounding communities.

“Another dimension to these attacks on our people is the looming food insecurity.

“The attacks began just after our people cultivated their farms in anticipation of the harvest season.

“Due to the killings and mass displacement, these farmers have now been prevented from tending their crops.

“Meanwhile, cattle are left to graze freely, trampling and consuming the crops.

“It is clear that these attacks are not between farmers and herders.

“This situation signals an imminent hunger crisis not only in Mushere, but in the surrounding communities that depend on local food production.

“We call on the federal government to deploy additional security personnel to the affected communities and possibly establish security bases there,” he said.

Mr Gashion, who thanked Gov. Caleb Mutfwang and President Bola Tinubu for the steps taken so far to end insecurity in Plateau, however, called for more proactive measures to achieve results.

(NAN)

Tags: displaced
Previous Post

Taraba Labour Unions Launch Indefinite Strike Over Biometric Verification Irregularities

Next Post

22 Vehicles Recovered from Car-snatching Syndicate in Rivers

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Next Post
22 Vehicles Recovered from Car-snatching Syndicate in Rivers

22 Vehicles Recovered from Car-snatching Syndicate in Rivers

ICPC Warns NDDC Staff Against Corrupt Practices, Says Culprits Risk Prosecution

ICPC Warns NDDC Staff Against Corrupt Practices, Says Culprits Risk Prosecution

Recommended

NRS Sets Ambitious N40.71 Trillion Revenue Target for 2026

NRS Sets Ambitious N40.71 Trillion Revenue Target for 2026

6 days ago
Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform