• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

How Bandits Cut-off My Arm Despite N1m Ransom Payment – 19-year-old

Elanza by Elanza
April 26, 2023
in News
0
How Bandits Cut-off My Arm Despite N1m Ransom Payment – 19-year-old
0
SHARES
47
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

By Israel Bulus, Kaduna

A 19-year-old Nigerian victim of bandits attack, Zakaria Iliya, has recounted how his life took a turn for the worse with the loss of his arm.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Zakaria, who returned to his community, Ungwan Gora in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State for a herbal treatment, disclosed his nightmare in an interview on Tuesday.

He said the bandits had stormed his community on the day of the presidential election and kidnapped him alongside five other villagers.

He said: “On that fateful day, while we were at the kidnappers’ den, they asked us to go and fetch water. When we came back from fetching the water, I went to defecate.
“While i was there, i saw one of the bandit running towards me with a long sharp matchet and chopped off my arm on assumption i wanted to escape.

“I saw hell, blood was gushing out without any help from anybody. The bandits continue beating me mercilessly without being remorseful of my condition.

“A sum of N1 million naira was paid as ransom before I was released,” Zakaria lamented.

He said his parents had to struggle to pay the money before they secured his release.

According to Zakaria, they’ve so far spent the sum of N200,000 for treatment in one of the hospitals in Kajuru town.

Zakaria who appealed to the government and other philanthropists for a help of the sum of N200,000 to enable him settled the remaining hospital bills, said life has never been the same since the day of Nigeria’s presidential election.

ALSO READ:  Breaking News: Tribunal Disqualifies Kano NNPP Lawmaker For Certificate Forgery
Previous Post

Niger Deltans Call For Release Of NDDC Forensic Audit Report

Next Post

WhatsApp Users Can Now Use One Account On Up To 4 Phones

Elanza

Elanza

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
WhatsApp Users Can Now Use One Account On Up To 4 Phones

WhatsApp Users Can Now Use One Account On Up To 4 Phones

Rhapsody Of Realities: Leaving No One Behind

Rhapsody Of Realities: Leaving No One Behind

Recommended

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

5 days ago
EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform