• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

4 killed in renewed land dispute between 2 Ebonyi communities

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 21, 2025
in News
0

Ebonyi State map

0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Four persons have been killed in a renewed boundary dispute involving two communities in Ivo Local Government Area of Ebonyi.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the land dispute is between the Ogwor and Umuobor villages, who have been fighting over a land called, “Elueke” in the area.

RelatedPosts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

The Ebonyi government had earlier in January declared the disputed land a “buffer zone” and ordered both villages to steer clear of the disputed land.

Chinasa Okorie, the coordinator of Akaeze Development Centre, confirmed the incident to newsmen on Thursday in Abakaliki, describing the killing as “wicked.”

“Among the four persons killed, three were said to be part of a contingent that entered the disputed land to harvest yams on Wednesday while a woman was killed on Monday,” he said.

Okorie pleaded with the communities to remain peaceful and avoid any act capable of escalating the dispute.

“The government has declared it a buffer zone, so nobody is allowed to enter the land,” the coordinator said.

SP Joshua Ukandu, the spokesman of the police command in the state, however, said the command was only aware of the killing of a woman on Feb. 17.

“We know about the incident involving the killing of a woman on Feb. 17.

“That is the one we have the information. The command is investigating the matter.

“Officers and men have been deployed to the area,” Ukandu said. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  IGP presents cheques of N72 million to families of 30 deceased officers in Benue
Tags: land dispute
Previous Post

Tinubu commends Babangida for admitting Abiola’s June 12 victory

Next Post

4 students injured, 1 dies as building collapses in Yobe

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Next Post

4 students injured, 1 dies as building collapses in Yobe

Pope Francis’ condition has improved – Vatican

Recommended

Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

7 days ago
Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform