• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Call IGP Egbetokun to order on abuse of power, CSO tells Tinubu

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 5, 2025
in News
0
Call IGP Egbetokun to order on abuse of power, CSO tells Tinubu
0
SHARES
16
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

President Bola Tinubu has been called upon to immediately call the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun to order in his continuous abuse of power against Nigerian citizens and rule of law.

A civil society organization, the Initiative Against Human Rights Abuse and Torture (INAHURAT) which made the call on Wednesday in Abuja alleged that the IGP has been using his office to protect highly placed fraudulent persons from being made to face music for misdeeds.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

A Director of the civil group, Barrister Maxwell Chibuike Okpara at a press conference in Abuja specifically accused the Police Chief of shielding one Rebecca Omokamo Godwin Isaac (aka Bilikusi Ishaku Aliyu) who was alleged to have engaged in conspiracy, forgery of tittles, theft, criminal trespass and fraudulent sale of properties at Plots 1861, 1862, 1863 at Katampe and Plot 4022 at Gusape district in Abuja.

The Abuja lawyer said that the IGP instead of acting on the petition against the alleged fraudulent person opted to shield her from being brought to book on the strength of the complain.

The civil group said that the IGP by shielding the suspect from proper investigation, had exposed the victim of the suspect, Mrs Collen Mero Yesufu, a 79 year old grand mother to suffer injustice.

The Abuja lawyer said that following the refusal of the IGP office to investigate the suspect, another petition was forwarded to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) which promptly took up investigation into the matter.

ALSO READ:  NILDS Boss Expresses Condolences To Senator Ahmad Lawan On His Mother's Passing

The group noted with regret that rather than allowing EFCC to conduct a free and independent investigation, the IGP allegedly embarked on interfering with EFCC’s action to frustrate the investigation

He however noted that the EFCC had diligently carried out a thorough investigation, prepared a report and filed a suit in court for a forfeiture order against the suspect, adding that the court had already ordered the suspect, Bilikisu Ishaku Aliyu, to show cause why the properties should not be forfeited to the rightful owner Mrs Collen Mero Yesufu.

Okpara claimed that following EFCC’s action against the suspect, the IGP’s office which had claimed that it would not dabble into civil matter has hurriedly filed criminal charges against the suspect, adding that the criminal charge by the IGP was not in the interest of Justice but to divert attention and frustrate the good job being done by EFCC in the matter.

The group which claimed that it has lost confidence on the Inspector General of Police, demanded that President Tinubu should immediately call the IGP to order and to also order a full scale investigation into the matter.

The body also asked the National Assembly to scrutinize the conduct of the police in the matter with a view to bringing those who abused power to justice.

“The attempt by the Nigerian Police Force to manipulate this case, obstruct due process and protect the suspect is a direct attack on justice and accountability.

“We refuse to standby while the rights of innocent citizens, especially vulnerable individuals like a 79 year old grand mother are trampled upon by those entrusted with upholding the law.

ALSO READ:  Shamies Foundation Provides Nourishment to 1,000 Households To Combat Adversity

“We stand firm in our commitment to exposing human rights abuses and fighting for justice and we will not relent until this matter is properly addressed. We call on the President, the EFCC, the judiciary and all other relevant authorities to intervene immediately and ensure that justice prevail.

It would be recalled that the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi had on December 30, 2024 issued a public statement on behalf of the IGP, denying any interference in the alleged trespass by the suspect and dismissing the allegations by the group as mischievous.

Tags: Power
Previous Post

Tinubu departs for France ahead of AU summit in Addis Ababa

Next Post

Kaduna To Introduce BRT System To Ease Traffic Congestion

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Next Post
Kaduna To Introduce BRT System To Ease Traffic Congestion

Kaduna To Introduce BRT System To Ease Traffic Congestion

Arewa Group Warns Journalists Against False Reports on Tinubu’s Minister

Arewa Group Warns Journalists Against False Reports on Tinubu's Minister

Recommended

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

6 days ago
I’m building a strong coalition to challenge APC – Atiku

Atiku Criticizes Flaws in Both Electronic and Manual Election Results Transmission

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform