• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Helicopter crash: 3 bodies recovered, rescue operations ongoing – NNPCL

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
October 25, 2024
in News
0
Helicopter crash: 3 bodies recovered, rescue operations ongoing – NNPCL
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Ltd. says three bodies have been recovered in the ongoing rescue operations of the helicopter that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean, near Port-Harcourt on Thursday.

Chief Corporate Communications Officer, NNPC Ltd. Mr Olufemi Soneye, disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja

Soneye said the helicopter, operated by East Winds Aviation, took off from Port Harcourt NAF Base en route the FPSO – NUIMS ANTAN. with eight persons on board (six passengers and two crew members), name withheld.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

According to the NNPCL spokesperson, the helicopter was engaged to transport personnel to its Floating, Production, Storage, and Offloading (FPSO) facility, NUIMS ANTAN, when it tragically lost contact.

“The helicopter, a Sikorsky SK76 operated by East Wind Aviation, was en route from the Port Harcourt Military Base to the NUIMANTAN oil rig when it crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near Bonny Finima.

“The flight had eight people on board — six passengers and two crew members — when contact was lost at 11:22 am,” he said.

Soneye added that teams from the Nigerian Search and Rescue Unit, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), and the National Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) were actively participating in the rescue efforts.

He added that neighbouring aerodromes had been alerted to assist in the ongoing operations.

‘Although no Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) signal was detected, authorities are using manual methods to track the accident site. Low-flying aircraft and military units are being deployed in the search for survivors,” he said

ALSO READ:  Revitalizing NAHCON: A New Dawn With Jalal Ahmad Arabi

Soneye said the NNPCL would continue to do everything possible to support the ongoing search and rescue operation.

“We shall continue to monitor the situation and provide regular updates as the events unfold.

“Our prayers are with the passengers, crew and their respective families at this very difficult time.

“We will continue to do everything possible to support the ongoing search and rescue operation,” he said.

Previous Post

Shettima’s trip to Samoa aborted by damaged plane

Next Post

I Didn’t Cornered N390m ZIP Funds – Danjuma Laah

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
I Didn’t Cornered N390m ZIP Funds – Danjuma Laah

I Didn't Cornered N390m ZIP Funds - Danjuma Laah

OSSAP-SDGs Commissions 22 Classroom Blocks and 40-Bed PHC for Lagos East Constituents

OSSAP-SDGs Commissions 22 Classroom Blocks and 40-Bed PHC for Lagos East Constituents

Recommended

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

5 days ago
Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform