• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home Security

Edo Deploys Over 120 Security Personnel To Forests To Dislodge Criminals, Others

Elanza by Elanza
February 23, 2022
in Security
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, on Tuesday, said over 120 security personnel have been deployed to forests in the state, particularly the Ovia Forest to dislodge criminals from the area.

Obaseki disclosed this after presiding over the February Security Council Meeting at the Executive Council (EXCO) Chambers in Government House, Benin City.

RelatedPosts

Insecurity: Deploy Adequate Adequate Security to Affected Area — NOCRELA Urges FG

Army Chief Urges Troops To Uphold Discipline, Commitment

PDP Says Tinubu Failing On Security

He said the Council is working to deploy more security personnel to other forests across the state to prevent criminals from migrating to places that are currently enjoying peace.

The governor revealed that Edo had an impressive drop of incidence from about 170 in January to 46 in February, noting that the state Security Council is working proactively to ensure the security of lives and property in communities where farmers/herders clashes are prevalent.

According to him, “We have deployed over 120 security personnel to dislodge criminals from the Ovia axis of our forest. We got information that criminals are trying to come back, but we have redeployed more security personnel. We are working on how to completely flush them out of Edo State.”

Obaseki noted that the Security Council also resolved to immediately begin the arrest and prosecution of owners of unregistered vehicles, as well as vehicles with covered number plates in the state.

On his part, Edo State Sector Commander of Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Henry Benamaisia said the agency has discovered that criminals move around the state with unregistered plate numbers, adding, “to check this, the state government has set up a task force to arrest offenders starting from today.”

ALSO READ:  Governor Uba Sani Urges Strong Action Against Kidnappers After Tragic Incident

He noted that the Federal Government through the FRSC has approved 5,000 plate numbers for Edo State, noting, “All plate numbers must not be covered but opened as security agencies from this week will embark on a massive operation to arrest offenders.”

“Speed is a major cause of accidents and deaths on our road. Consequently, the governor has given us the mandate to arrest any commercial bus driver not using the speed limit device.”

“It is compulsory for all commercial vehicles in Edo state to install their speed limit device. If you are a commercial driver in Edo State without the speed limit device, it is now an offense and you will be arrested,” he added.

Speaking on the successes in ridding the state of kidnappers, Commissioner of Police, CP Philip Ogbadu, revealed that between January and February, the command has arrested several suspects including three persons on the Police wanted list since June last year, while three AK 47 rifles were recovered from the suspected kidnappers.

On his part, the Edo State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwole Iyamu SAN, explained that after a meeting between the Governor and the EFCC in Edo state, the state is developing a coordinated approach to stamp out cybercrime from the state.

“From the data presented and correlated by that of the state, it’s clear that large numbers of youths are engaged in this act. The age bracket involved in cybercrime is from 15 to less than 30 years, and prominent among them is dating scams, which is about 80 to 90 percent of the cybercrime activities in the state.

ALSO READ:  Army Apprehend Soldier For Killing Truck Driver At Borno Checkpoint

“Just as the state took the lead in tackling human trafficking five years ago, we are planning to attack cybercrime head-on and not to lose a whole generation of youths as we attack it from the root. Our youths are no longer interested in schooling. We are planning to attack the root cause.”

 

Tags: EdoFederal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)ForestGodwin ObasekiNational Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)Security Meeting
Previous Post

Reps To Vote On Constitution Review Next Week

Next Post

People Will Have Been Trekking From Lagos-Ibadan If Not For Our Intervention – PMB

Elanza

Elanza

Related Posts

Insecurity: Deploy Adequate Adequate Security to Affected Area — NOCRELA Urges FG

Insecurity: Deploy Adequate Adequate Security to Affected Area — NOCRELA Urges FG

by Elanza
February 5, 2026
0

The Northern Christian Religious Leaders Assembly has condemned the renewed wave of killings, kidnappings and violent attacks in parts of...

Army Chief Urges Troops To Uphold Discipline, Commitment

Army Chief Urges Troops To Uphold Discipline, Commitment

by Elanza
January 20, 2026
0

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Wahid Shaibu, has charged troops of the 3 Division, Nigerian Army, to sustain...

PDP Says Tinubu Failing On Security

PDP Says Tinubu Failing On Security

by Elanza
November 23, 2025
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday accused President Bola Tinubu of failing in his primary duty...

Next Post

People Will Have Been Trekking From Lagos-Ibadan If Not For Our Intervention - PMB

We're Not Recruiting, NCoS Warn Desperate Job Seekers About Fake Portal

Recommended

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

19 hours ago
EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform