• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Mali Drone Strikes Kill 10 Civilians Ahead of Mass Wedding

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
May 18, 2026
in News
0
Mali Drone Strikes Kill 10 Civilians Ahead of Mass Wedding
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

At least ten civilians have been killed in military drone strikes in central Mali as villagers prepared for a traditional mass wedding, security and local sources have told AFP.

The strikes occurred on Sunday in the San region, turning what residents described as a moment of celebration into a scene of grief.

RelatedPosts

Kaduna APC Aspirants Reject Consensus, Demand Fresh Primaries

NDLEA Seizes Cocaine, Opioids Bound for UK and Australia

Nine African Women Graduate in Landmark AI & Data Science Hub

A resident of Tene, the affected locality, said on condition of anonymity: “Ten of our children were killed. What was supposed to be a moment of joy in the village turned into immense sorrow.”

A security source, who also requested anonymity for safety reasons, confirmed the strikes and said they targeted “a procession of motorbikes following one another – that is certainly what drew the attention of the drones”. He added that the community had been preparing the second edition of a traditional collective wedding, a major cultural event.

A local elected official also confirmed the death toll, telling AFP: “A wedding was about to take place when the drones killed at least ten civilians. It is truly a time of mourning.”

The attacks come amid a deepening security crisis in Mali, following large-scale coordinated offensives last month by the Al-Qaeda-linked Group for the Support of Islam and Muslims (JNIM) and Tuareg separatists from the Azawad Liberation Front (FLA). Those offensives targeted positions held by the ruling junta, killed the country’s defence minister, and led to the capture of Kidal and other northern towns. The FLA and jihadists now control those areas and have imposed a blockade on the capital, Bamako.

ALSO READ:  Gov. Sule distributes 13 tractors, inputs to 10,000  farmers

Since 2012, Mali has faced escalating violence driven by Al-Qaeda and Islamic State affiliates, separatist groups, and community-based criminal networks.

 

Previous Post

Nigeria Seeks UN Backing for State Police Reform

Next Post

Why Obi, Kwankwaso Rejected PRP – Party Chairman Baba-Ahmed

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Kaduna APC Aspirants Reject Consensus, Demand Fresh Primaries

Kaduna APC Aspirants Reject Consensus, Demand Fresh Primaries

by Elanza
May 17, 2026
0

By Amina Samuel A coalition of frontline senatorial and House of Representatives aspirants under the All Progressives Congress in Kaduna...

NDLEA Seizes Cocaine, Opioids Bound for UK and Australia

NDLEA Seizes Cocaine, Opioids Bound for UK and Australia

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 17, 2026
0

By Our Correspondent   The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has intercepted consignments of cocaine and opioids concealed in...

Nine African Women Graduate in Landmark AI & Data Science Hub

Nine African Women Graduate in Landmark AI & Data Science Hub

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 17, 2026
0

The first cohort of fellows from the African Women Conference (AWC) Women and Girls Digital Tech Hub AI & Data...

Next Post
Why Obi, Kwankwaso Rejected PRP – Party Chairman Baba-Ahmed

Why Obi, Kwankwaso Rejected PRP – Party Chairman Baba-Ahmed

Senator Gbenga Daniel Pulls Out of APC Primary, Cites Violence Threat

Senator Gbenga Daniel Pulls Out of APC Primary, Cites Violence Threat

Recommended

‘I Got Nothing For Helping Buhari Win In 2015’ – Kwankwaso

‘I Got Nothing For Helping Buhari Win In 2015’ – Kwankwaso

6 days ago
Tinubu returns to Lagos after three-nation visit

Tinubu returns to Lagos after three-nation visit

2 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,324)
  • News (10,355)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,164)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform