• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home Politics

Ireti Kingibe: ADC Suspends Wuse Ward Chairman, Two Others

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
March 16, 2026
in Politics
0
Ireti Kingibe: ADC Suspends Wuse Ward Chairman, Two Others
0
SHARES
11
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

 

The Federal Capital Territory chapter of African Democratic Congress (ADC) on Sunday suspended three executive members from Wuse Ward in Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) for allegedly spearheading the controversial suspension of Senator Ireti Kingibe.

RelatedPosts

Kefas Faces 2027 Battle as APC Cracks Widen in Taraba

Senator Gbenga Daniel Pulls Out of APC Primary, Cites Violence Threat

Why Obi, Kwankwaso Rejected PRP – Party Chairman Baba-Ahmed

Ms Kingibe currently represents FCT at the Senate.

The suspended executive members include the ward Chairman, Kanayo Chukwu as well as Amanda Pam and Omale Suleiman.

Addressing journalists and party members in Abuja, a member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC), Emmanuel Destiny, said the purported suspension was in violation of the party’s constitution and laid-down procedures.

Mr Destiny also said that the suspension lacked legitimacy as due process was not followed.

“The party is supreme to every individual. Until now, the national wing of the party has not been served any letter of complaint or petition against Senator Kingibe.

“You cannot wake up and suspend a serving senator without putting your complaints or petition in writing,” he said.

Mr Destiny added that the national leadership would not condone what he described as misconduct by the ward officials.

“We are fully present to say ‘No’ to such shenanigans and the misbehaviour of a self-acclaimed Wuse ward chairman not recognised by the party.

“Whatever gangsterism they have been parading in the last 72 hours, the national wing of the party will take full disciplinary action against them,” he stated.

ALSO READ:  Northern Elders Forum Expresses Deep Concern over the Conduct of the Nigerian Judiciary

Also weighing in on the controversy, the party’s Deputy National Auditor, Nneka Nneboh, said the leadership could no longer remain silent after giving those involved ample opportunity to follow due process.

She said, “It is of no use keeping quiet because we asked them to do the right thing and follow the proper channel.

“Whatever decision we take here today stands, and as a national officer, I want to say it is time to call a spade a spade. Enough is enough.”

The party’s FCT Secretary, John Hyginus, also criticised what he described as administrative lapses and disregard for the party’s constitution.

“We are here to address the administrative incompetence of the state chairman and the gross breach of the party’s constitution as well as several anti-party activities he has committed.

“Today, the ward and area council chairmen have passed a vote of no confidence in the three initiators of Senator Kingibe’s suspension,” he stated.

The meeting, held at ADC’s FCT secretariat in Abuja, drew representatives from key organs of the party, including the FCT Chairman, Clement Ihigiato; the Secretary, John Hyginus; AMAC Chairman, Emeka Nnamani, Danlami Zuru and Jemila Ahmadu, among others.

The controversy began earlier in the week when officials of the party’s Wuse ward announced Ms Kingibe’s suspension over allegations of anti-party activities, insubordination and breach of party rules.

The senator was also accused of withholding funds meant for the party’s campaigns during the recent area council elections in the FCT.

The national leadership of the party, however, distanced itself from the suspension.

ALSO READ:  Five Parties Collapse Structures For Atiku

In an earlier statement, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Bolaji Abdullahi, urged the public and the media to disregard the report, describing it as false and misleading.

The motion seeking the suspension of the three ward executives was moved by an ADC chieftain from Wuse ward, Danlami Zuru, and seconded by an exco member from the ward, Samuel Dimgba.

In an open letter reportedly sent to members of the party’s National Working Committee, the ward publicity secretary, Samuel Nwigbo, raised concerns on how “a serious party” would attempt to go into a major election with a candidate who refused to openly campaign for her party in an election held within her constituency.

(NAN)

Tags: ADCIreti Kingibe
Previous Post

NLC to FG: Provide Tax Relief for Poor Nigerians as Fuel Prices Soar

Next Post

2027: Nigeria Doesn’t Conduct Elections, People Snatch, Grab, Run With Power – Controversial Lawyer Dele Farotimi

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Kefas Faces 2027 Battle as APC Cracks Widen in Taraba

Kefas Faces 2027 Battle as APC Cracks Widen in Taraba

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 18, 2026
0

  By Nahum Sule, Jalingo Growing disaffection within Taraba State’s political landscape is fuelling concerns that the All Progressives Congress...

Senator Gbenga Daniel Pulls Out of APC Primary, Cites Violence Threat

Senator Gbenga Daniel Pulls Out of APC Primary, Cites Violence Threat

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 18, 2026
0

Senator Gbenga Daniel, who represents Ogun East, has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary election, alleging plans...

Why Obi, Kwankwaso Rejected PRP – Party Chairman Baba-Ahmed

Why Obi, Kwankwaso Rejected PRP – Party Chairman Baba-Ahmed

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 18, 2026
0

The Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) has revealed that Peter Obi and Rabiu Kwankwaso did not join the party because it...

Next Post
INEC Plans for 2027 Polls

2027: Nigeria Doesn't Conduct Elections, People Snatch, Grab, Run With Power - Controversial Lawyer Dele Farotimi

FIBA World Cup Qualifier: France Edge D’Tigress 93–86

FIBA World Cup Qualifier: France Edge D’Tigress 93–86

Recommended

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

7 hours ago
Abia LP Crisis Deepens As Igara Joins Governorship Race

Abia LP Crisis Deepens As Igara Joins Governorship Race

1 day ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (252)
  • National (3,330)
  • News (10,364)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,165)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform